There are certain seasons when you have to be on the lookout for illnesses, allergies, and cold and flu viruses. While you can’t always prevent your loved ones from getting sick, there are a lot of things you can do around your home to try to avoid sicknesses. Below, check out our cleaning tips for keeping your family healthy.
Cleaning Tips to Keep Your Family Healthy:
- Simplify Your Possessions and Décor – The more stuff you have, the dirtier it can get because dust mites, pet dander, and mold can be found in and on possessions. That doesn’t mean you have to get rid of everything in your home, but if you get rid of things you don’t want or need, it will make it easier to clean and sanitize your home.
- Use Safe Cleaning Products – Many cleaning products that you can buy at the store have harsh and toxic chemicals. These chemicals could be harmful to you and your family. Be sure you are buying cleaning products that are non-toxic or you are making your own non-toxic cleaners. These cleaning supplies can work really well for you, and they can keep you and your family healthier.
- Clean and Sanitize Your Kitchen Regularly – Most people probably think the bathroom is the place in your home that collects the most germs and bacteria, but it is actually your kitchen. It is important to clean and sanitize your kitchen regularly. If you wipe down your kitchen counters and table right after meal times, that can help a lot with preventing the spread of germs and bacteria. It is also important to clean out your refrigerator regularly; you can get rid of food that is gone bad, and wipe down the shelves and drawers to keep things clean.
- Wash Blankets and Sheets Regularly – We use our sheets every night and it becomes common to curl up in a blanket during the winter months. However, sheets and blankets can collect germs and allergens, so you will want to be sure you are washing them regularly.
- Clean Doorknobs, Railings, and Regular Points of Contact – Germs can spread easily through different points that receive a lot of contact in the home. For example, everyone touches doorknobs when they enter and exit a room, and this can promote the spread of germs. You might not often think of cleaning doorknobs and stairway railings, but these are important to clean regularly to prevent the spread of germs and disease.
- Clean Your Vents – Vents can collect dust and dirt. If you forget to clean your vents, you could be breathing in that dusty, dirty air. Be sure to keep your vents clean so that you are breathing in clean, fresh air.
Having a clean home can help your family stay healthy. Use our cleaning tips to help you keep on top of the cleaning in your home.
Do you need some extra help cleaning this fall? Contact us at Everyday Helper. We can set up a free cleaning consultation for you, and we can help you with whatever cleaning you need done in your home. Whether you are looking for a weekly cleaning, a deep cleaning, or something else, reach out to us to see what we can do for you.