All over the United States, you can see people try to be more environmentally friendly. For example, there has been a huge push to get rid of single-use plastic straws. Reducing your environmental footprint is a noble goal, and there are a lot of ways you can go about it. One of the ways to be more environmentally friendly in your life is to be greener when it comes to cleaning. There are a lot of ways you can be more environmentally friendly when it comes to cleaning your house. Check out our list below.
Environmentally Friendly Cleaning Tips
Check out our list of ways to be more environmentally friendly when you are cleaning your home. Are you willing to try out some of these ideas to help the environment?
- Use Reusable Cleaning Towels – It can be easy to go straight for the paper towels and disposable wipes when cleaning in your home, but it is more environmentally friendly to use reusable cleaning rags. If you are throwing away a stack of paper towels every time you clean, that isn’t very good for the environment.
- Avoid Harsh Chemicals – When you buy a bottle of cleaner at the store, you may not think about the harsh chemicals that are in that cleaner. However, many cleaning supplies do have harsh chemicals that could harm you and the environment. Check the labels of the cleaning products you buy or make your own to avoid all the chemicals.
- Make Your Own Cleaning Products – Making your own cleaning products sounds like a lot of work, but it definitely doesn’t have to be. In fact, baking soda and vinegar can be used to clean up a lot of life’s messes, and they are often a better option for the environment as well.
- Reduce Your Dryer Use – It becomes a habit to throw our clothes from the washer to the dryer, but the dryer uses a lot of energy. If you let your clothes dry on a drying rack or clothesline, it could help you save the environment and save money on your electric bill at the same time!
- Use Natural Air Fresheners – What is greener than growing plants? Plants can be used as natural air fresheners, so they are a great option to help you keep your home smelling fresh in an environmentally friendly way.
If you are looking to be more environmentally friendly in your life, try to make your cleaning greener with these environmentally friendly cleaning tips. We hope they help you live a greener lifestyle!
Everyday Helper is happy to help you with all of life’s little (and big) chores. We provide services such as house cleaning, dog walking, pet sitting, errand running, grocery shopping, and more. Reach out to us if you need a little extra help on your chores this fall. We would be happy to help make your life easier.