Laundry may seem like a never-ending chore for you. That is because it is. You always have to cycle clothes through the washer and dryer so that you have clothes to wear every day. However, there are some ways to make laundry a bit easier and less time-consuming. Check out our tips to increase your laundry efficiency below.
Tips for Increasing Your Laundry Efficiency
- Organize Your Laundry Room – If your laundry room is a mess of unpaired socks and half-used bottles of detergent, that could be part of the reason you are avoiding laundry. Take a little time to clean and organize your laundry room, and then it will be quicker and easier to do laundry on a regular basis.
- Come Up with a System – Right now, you might not have a system for doing your laundry. You may just wait until it gets to the point that you know you need to wash your clothes. However, having a specific system for your laundry could help you save time. For example, if you decide you will take two days a week, and do a couple loads each day, that could spread out your hard work. You could also decide to make one day your dedicated laundry day. Whatever system you choose, stick to it, and you will get in the habit of doing your laundry more regularly.
- Streamline Your Laundry Process – Once you have a system in place, you can do some things to make your system quicker and easier. For example, you could sort your clothes as you go through the week, so you don’t have to do it all at once. If you have separate hampers for white clothes and your other colors, it could make it easier when it comes down to doing your laundry.
- Fold Your Clothes Immediately – When piles of clean clothes start growing, you know you have a problem. Folding your clothes isn’t always the most fun of tasks, but if you do it right away it will seem less daunting. The nice thing about folding clothes is you can watch TV or listen to music while you are doing it, so the time will pass by quickly.
- Work on Other Tasks at the Same Time – Part of the reason laundry can seem so daunting is it takes hours. One load of laundry will take 1-2 hours to wash and dry depending on the speed of your machine. If you are talking about doing multiple loads, it can take all day. That is why it is important to have other tasks to do while your laundry is washing or drying. You can make laundry day your cleaning day and tackle different cleaning projects in between loads of laundry. Or, if you want a more relaxed laundry day, you can watch movies while you wash your clothes.
Do you want some help with your laundry? At Everyday Helper, we can add laundry onto our housecleaning service. Just let us know if you would like us to help you out with your laundry.