We always remember to do our laundry when we are running out of socks and underwear, but how often do you remember to clean your laundry room? Cleaning your laundry room is a task that can easily be overlooked, but it is something you should do on a regular basis. If you give your laundry room a deep clean every month or two, it could make a big difference.
Check out our tips for cleaning your laundry room below:
- Cleaning Your Washing Machine – You think of a washing machine as doing the cleaning, so it is easy to forget that your washing machine needs to be cleaned. Your washing machine can develop mineral build-up over time as well as odors and mildew. To avoid mold, mildew, and odors, you will want to clean your washing machine every couple of months. To do so, you can put some white vinegar in your washing machine and then run your machine on the hottest water setting. After this is done, you will want to wipe down the inside of your machine. You will also want to clean the outside of your washing machine by wiping it down and cleaning out the detergent dispensers.
- Cleaning Your Dryer – Cleaning your dryer is also important because you don’t want a build-up of lint to cause a fire. You will want to be sure you are cleaning out your lint trap after every load, but you will want to give your lint trap a deeper clean every couple of months. You can use the hose attachment on your vacuum cleaner to clean around the lint trap area, and you can wipe off the lint trap with warm soapy water to give it an extra good clean. You can also wipe out the inside and outside of your dryer to remove any stains or messes.
- Clean Laundry Baskets – Cleaning your laundry baskets might not be something that is on your regular cleaning list, but it is a good thing to remember to do. Your dirty clothes hampers can get smelly if you don’t clean them out and wipe them down every once in a while. Don’t forget to put this on your cleaning list!
- Dust Appliances and Surfaces – It is easy for dust to collect in the laundry room. You will want to do a thorough job of dusting including dusting shelves, ceiling fans, appliances, countertops, and anything else that may collect lint or dust in your laundry room.
- Vacuum and Mop Floors – The laundry room floor is often home to some extremely dirty and grimy clothes, so you will want to be sure you are cleaning your laundry floor regularly. Give it a good vacuuming and mopping when you are doing your other floors.
We hope you enjoyed these tips for cleaning your laundry room. If you need some extra help in your home, you can call Everyday Helper t
o see what we can do for you. We have housecleaning services and we can even help you do your laundry if you have the need. Everyday Helper is a business that prides itself on being able to help make your life easier. We have a lot of different services to help you out with your everyday life. We provide services like dog walking, pet sitting, house cleaning, errand running, elderly companion care, and more. Reach out to us if you could use a little everyday help.