If you’re like me, you get in the habit of doing all the daily and weekly cleaning jobs around the house, but you tend to forget about those jobs that only need to be done once in a while. Jobs like cleaning under appliances or washing throw pillows hardly ever occur to me. That is why we have devised a list to help you tackle those forgotten cleaning jobs.
We all have those areas in our houses that we neglect to clean. Whether it is because we forget or because we try to forget, hopefully this list will help you get motivated to clean those areas we don’t clean often enough. Check out the list below!
- Washing Machine – Many of us probably don’t think about this one at all. We do laundry more than we want to, but we probably don’t clean the machine very often. You can simply run your washing machine on hot right after you put a bit of baking soda and vinegar in it. That will clean it out in no time!
- Under Your Appliances – We don’t think about the dust and dirt and food particles that can collect under our appliances, but it is there, especially under your refrigerator. However, it’s an easy fix—you can simply pull out the fridge and do a quick sweep and mop. Then it will be as good as new!
- Remotes – The remote to your TV is probably not something you clean very often, but it is a good thing to get in the habit of cleaning. Remotes can spread germs really easily, so disinfecting them is a great idea.
- Throw Pillows and Blankets – You probably wash you pillow cases for the pillows on your bed when you do your sheets, but we forget about our throw pillows and throw blankets. It is important to remember to clean your throw pillows and blankets because they are collecting just as much dust and dirt.
- Door Handles – This is a job that could be done every time I clean, but for some reason it often slips my mind. I do it every once in a while, but probably not as often as I should. Simply spraying your door handles with your favorite cleaner and wiping them off will help slow the spread of germs and keep your house cleaner.
- Curtains – How often do you wash your curtains? These are easy to forget, but important to clean because they can trap all sorts of dust and dirt.
- Trash Cans – I once worked at a job where one of the cleaning jobs was specifically to clean the trash cans. At first, I thought this was kind of a dumb job, but it turned out to be pretty important. A trash can could be holding not only food debris that can make your house stink, but it can also have bacteria that you don’t want or need. Trash cans are a good thing to put on your cleaning list.
Hopefully, this list helped remind you of some places in your home that could use a little extra attention. And, hopefully, this made you motivated to tackle those areas the next time you clean!
If you want a little extra help hitting all the spots you might miss when cleaning your home, you can call us at Everyday Helper and we will make sure your home has the clean that you want. Call us at 319-400-1853 or contact us here.