The last few days here in Iowa have felt like winter! It’s been colder and we’ve dealt with some snow and ice. If you’re like many, that means you’ve likely spent some extra time indoors this weekend. Did you tackle any cleaning items on your to-do list? Here are some of our favorite winter cleaning tips/reminders for you as you work your way through that never ending to-do list!
- Disinfecting your home. Germs and illnesses spread like crazy in the winter months so it’s extra important to take precautions to keep you and your family as healthy as can be! Disinfect door knobs, light switches, tv remotes, toilet handles, refrigerator door handle, and any other hard surface that is frequently touched in your home. Don’t forget about disinfecting your car while you’re at it! You can wipe down the steering wheel, gear shift knob, and door handles!
- Clean your vents. Make sure that your home is heating efficiently and providing as clean of air as possible. Take the time to vacuum out your floor and wall registers- you may be surprised how much dust and dirt you find in them! While you’re at it, when’s the last time you checked and changed your furnace filter? Don’t forget to do that regularly!
- Wash your bedding. It’s always important to wash your bed sheets on a regular basis- but it’s extra important in the winter…especially if you are recovering from a cold or another illness going around.
- Wash your winter wear. When is the last time you washed your coat. hat, and gloves? It’s important to wash these items regularly as well as they can carry germs.
- Take out the trash. You may feel like putting this task off when it’s cold and miserable out, but don’t do that! Make sure you’re regularly taking the trash out of your home to keep germs and illnesses from spreading!
These are some of our favorite winter cleaning tips and reminders at Everyday Helper. What are some of yours? If you find yourself with not a lot of time to do these items- we can help! Simply fill out our contact us form and we’ll tackle this to-do list for you!