You have probably already put up your holiday decorations and cleaned the house. You’ve purchased gifts and food for the holidays. But, does your home smell like Christmas? If you are looking for some clever ways to make your home smell like the holidays, check out our list below.
- Trim Your Tree – If you decorate with some real greenery, your home could smell of freshly cut pine trees. You can even use tree trimmings as natural air fresheners by putting them in old fabric scraps.
- Create Scented Pine Cones – Are there some pinecones in your neighbor’s yard? You could borrow a few and create some scented pine cones. All you have to do is collect some pinecones and spray them with a cinnamon-scented oil.
- Spread Out Your Baking – Most of us do some baking over the holiday season. Instead of doing all your baking in one day, spread it out so that your home smells like Christmas cookies for days.
- Use Essential Oils – Essential oils are another way to make your home smell great for the holidays. If you have a diffuser and essential oils like peppermint, cinnamon, ginger, orange, and clove, you can create some amazing holiday smells. You can make your home smell like gingerbread with a few drops of ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg oil. If you want your home to smell like spiced cider, you can combine orange, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Make Your Stovetop Simmer – If you have a pot, some orange peel, and cinnamon sticks, you can make your home smell like Christmas. All you have to do is simmer some water on the stove and add aromatics like pine, orange peel, or cinnamon sticks.
- Light Holiday Candles – I know this is an obvious one, but a nice holiday scented candle can make your home smell divine. Some of my favorite holiday candle scents include Frasier fir, Christmas cookies, and spiced cider.
- Mull Some Wine – Making some mulled wine can be a great way to make your home smell great and to treat yourself at the same time. Combine red wine with spices like cinnamon, cloves, and allspice. You can also add some oranges and a sweeter to taste. This could be a great option for a holiday party that will keep your guests happy and your home smelling great.
Phew! Now, that your home smells like the holidays, you can sit back, relax, and… do all the other things on your holiday to-do list–
We get that the holidays can be a hard and stressful time to be an adult, and that is why Everyday Helper is here to help out.
If you need some extra help around the house recovering after the holidays are over, you can reach out to Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can provide you with house cleaning help, pet sitting services, errand running, event planning, companion care, and more.