While talking to a friend the other night about blogging; she gave me the idea to write about 23 things that I know for sure as I turn 23 tomorrow. I initially thought this would be super challenging and would take me forever to come up with 23 things I know for sure, but actually, this may have been the fastest I’ve ever typed a blog.
So here I present to you a bit of a random blog, 23 things that I know for sure. Enjoy!
- Follow your passion and it will take you farther than you’ve ever thought possible. It’s not always the easiest path, but it is so worth it.
- Each day is a fresh start, a new beginning, a blank slate. Leave yesterday behind and focus on the present day.
- When one door closes, another door will open. Even if it doesn’t seem like it right away, a new opportunity is always on the horizon. You just may have to search a little harder for it.
- Take care of your health. Mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Make time for you and care for yourself always.
- Appreciate all the good that surrounds us. Even on the bad days, there’s still so much to be thankful for. Focus on that.
- Life is too short. Make the most of it.
- Challenge yourself to step outside of your comfort zone and try something new. It may be hard step to take, but you’ll never know what you could be missing out on unless you try.
- You are capable of much more than you believe you are. Our minds have so much power over us and often hold us back. You tell yourself you can’t run that last mile, but your body really can. You tell yourself that you won’t earn that award, but really you could.
- Strive to find balance in life. Don’t let work, technology, or any unimportant thing hold you back from truly living, spending time with friends and family, or doing what you love. Balance is the key to life.
- Never stop learning. Never stop growing. I believe we all will always have room to grow, no matter our age. Keep striving for new heights and challenge yourself to learn and grow. This makes life more exciting!
- No matter what, when you find yourself drowning in the chaos of the world, stop and just breathe.
- You may not be able to control what happens to you in life, but you always, always have a choice in how you respond. Not always easy, but a positive attitude is always the best choice.
- Spend time outdoors whenever you can. Enjoy the beauty of the earth, step away from the hectic lifestyle, go out into the nature and just be. Soak in the sounds, sights, and smells whenever you can. This is the best therapy you can find….and it’s free.
- Go to bed earlier and get up earlier. It makes a huge difference in many aspects. Strive to get plenty of sleep so that you are fully present in your life.
- Family, good friends, and a pet like Sophie make life so much better.
- No matter what you do, make movement a priority in your daily life. I prefer a mix of mindless movement (running, biking…) as well as mindful movement (Pilates, yoga….) Whatever you prefer, make it a priority.
- Fear of failure is one of the biggest mental roadblocks we ever face. It’s like that saying, “What would you try if you knew you couldn’t fail?” Ask yourself that.
- Always have an attitude of gratitude. No matter what. It makes life easier when you have a positive outlook.
- Be humble. Give to others. Help others.
- Make time for watching the sunrise, or the sun set. Enjoy the beauty in life and make time for the simple things.
- Be random. Break away from your routine every once in awhile. Eat a whole pizza even if it’s not a cheat day, go on a spur of the moment road trip, just do something outside of your routine!
- Don’t live a life full of regrets. They’ll get you nowhere. Learn and move on.
- I am so, so grateful to see another year. I am going to make year 23 an incredible year. And that, I know for sure.
What do you know for sure?